Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Still windy.  We wanted to take a run this morning but it's just too windy.  I have to be very careful not to get grit under my contacts.  The super-dry atmosphere causes eye problems as well. 

Last night we drove into the park for pizza at the Deli.  Yep, a 36-mile round-trip for pizza.  But it was go-o-o-d!!

I planted 'the garden,' i.e. a tomato plant in a flower pot, yesterday.  I tried to start seeds but cooked them in the intense sunlight here, so I skipped the seed-to-seedling stage by buying a single 10" tall plant.  The challenge was finding a sunny spot sheltered from the wind.  That ended up being at the rear bumper of the RV screened by plastic cartons.  Looks rather tacky but fresh tomatoes come at a price.

Fred just learned how to wash clothes by hand using a washboard.  He found it so incredibly fun and satisfying that he's offered to do all the laundry including sheets and jeans.  NOT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment