Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Monday, May 31, 2010

While reviewing the rough patches we've encountered so far, Fred reminded me of one of the low points of this adventure which deserves to be blog-i-fied.

The RV's cooking equuipment includes a combination microwave-conventional-convection oven. The unit is so complicated that I found it handy to keep the manual and cookbook in the oven for ready reference. During dinner preparation the other night, I wanted to track cooking time, so I set it for 10 minutes and thought I'd selected 'timer.'  About six minutes later, a strange, unpleasant odor (that I hoped wasn't our dinner) filled the RV.  I noticed smoke accumulating inside the microwave and saw that the manual and cookbook had achieved a lovely golden brown color.  I opened the door and flung them outside where they lay in a smoking heap.   When Fred retrieved them several hours later, they both had a large hole burned through the center.  I cooked the cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment